Buy the Paperback
Imprint: Triarchy Press
Published: September 2013
List Price: £12.00
Size: 14 x 21.6 cm
The Patterning of Hope
Buy the Paperback
Buy the eBook
‘Three Horizons: The Patterning of Hope’ by Bill Sharpe is a tremendous book for anyone who works on profound change. Below I hope I can give you a flavour of it, and why I was inspired. My key takeaway: rather than aiming for distant, definitive visions, we would be better to act from a shared awareness of the future potential in this present moment.
From a review by David Bent. Read the full review.
Three Horizons: The Patterning of Hope
The Case Studies
A Brief Introduction to 3 Horizons
Systems Thinking and 3 Horizons
Read Reviews of this book
All Intl. Futures Forum titles
All IFF publications are illustrated by Jennifer Williams. Her engaging, intimate and original illustrations are an essential part of IFF's narrative and message.
"...future consciousness is ‘this flexible awareness and skill that we can develop together because it is an awareness of the future potential of the present moment’. ...Five propositions capture the core of it:
1. Future consciousness is an awareness of the future potential of the present moment.
2. Transformative change is that change which requires a re-patterning of our collective lives rather than an extension of the current pattern.
3. Transformative innovation can be seen as working with 3 different qualities of the future in the present that we characterise as the 3 horizons of future consciousness.
4. Three Horizons provides a notation and framework for the collective practice of future consciousness in a simple way – it brings all the perspectives and
voices into the room with the
potential for constructive dialogue.
5. Future consciousness can only be fully developed as a universal shared practice in which every person is a unique source of transformative insight and human potential."
Read the full article on Future Consciousness by Maree Conway, (published in The Association of Professional Futurists' Compass Newsletter).