Yet another countertourism tactic
Yet another tactic for countertourism at heritage sites:
- Collect as many brochures of other musea and exhibitions as you can.
- Put them away, do not read them now.
- Take pictures of anything that strikes you as significant and interesting in this museum or exhibition.
- At home smash the brochures and the pictures together vigorously.
- See if the collision produces any meaningful fragments.
- Create your own imaginary museum exhibition.
- Read the texts from the brochures out loud in front of the exhibits. Thereby baffling your companions and other visitors.
From the excellent Urban Adventure in Rotterdam:
Author ~ Idiot
This blog, which has its roots in the Triarchy Press Idioticon, is largely written by the Triarchy Press Book Smith, who is also on Academia, Facebook and Twitter.